For about the last 10 years I make at least one trip to Vegas every year. The annual trip has fallen over July 4th for a few years now and actually my travel partner in crime, Emmeline, has come the last four years. I know it is one of the hottest times of the year but when you are sitting poolside temperature is just a number.
I love Las Vegas for so many reasons and it doesn’t even involve gambling. Here are my top 5 things to do in Vegas.
Day bed at Cypress Lounge
The Cypress Lounge is the ADULT only pool at the Bellagio. It is a little bit of a splurge. The chairs are $50-75 a day (more during the holidays) but totally worth it. You have dedicated pool attendants (cabana boys) and a server that sees that your cup never goes empty. What is cool is that starting around 11 am, you get treats on the hour every hour. It normally starts with a mocktail and ends with an ice sorbet around 3 pm.
I recommend that you get there right at 9 am so you can fully get your monies worth. Last call is around 5 pm and this pool closes at 6 pm.
Drinks at Cosmopolitan Lounge
There is a drink menu…… and there is a DRINK MENU. This lounge has so many creative drinks (a little pricey) but absolutely a must! Oh and don’t forget to order of the menu because they have some secret drinks that are worth asking for.
This is the city where entertainment is at your fingertips. I have seen every Cirque Du Soleil show on the strip and can tell you none of them disappoint. If you are a first timer I suggest starting with Mystere. It is the oldest show in residence. I think it has been running for 20 years. I saw it the year it opened and have seen it several times since and every time the show is different. I like it as a first time show because it does a good job with incorporating a variety of all what they are know best for => amazing acrobatics. The story line is easy to follow too!
If you are looking for something different take in a concert. A lot of artists come in for a show or have limited residencies. Totally take advantage of it. I managed to score last-minute VIP tickets to see Britney Spears over July 4th. I had always wanted to see her in concert and I finally did!
Last July 4th, I was able to see Kenny Chesney. Make sure you check out Lasvegas.com to see all the headliners.
Sushi at Yellowtail
BEST place for sushi and ambiance. It can be romantic or just a night out with girls. Two things that are a must: 1) Get a reservation and ask for patio seating and 2) order the Popping Spicy Roll. I guarantee that if you are able to get both in you will have an AMAZING experience.
Random fun and sort of free things
1. Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens => They change-up the theme 4 times a year and they are different every year. The horticulturists and designers are true artists. One trip I am going to do a behind the scenes tour just so I can see how they come up with such amazing themes. The current theme is “Under the Sea”. I guarantee you will leave there speechless.
2. Las Vegas Sign =>Your Instagram or any social media post won’t be complete without a stop here.
3. Shops at Caesars Forum => This is a cool place to just walk. Make sure you look up to enjoy the painted ceiling. You will forget what time of day it is. If you manage to make it to the end (Cheesecake Factory) hang out for the free show.
4. Downtown Container Park => Check out how shipping containers were reused and upcycled into boutique stores and restaurants. If you are feeling hungry stop at Pinches Tacos. Talk about fresh salsa…….
5. Neon Museum => This does have an entrance fee but totally worth it. You can see and even touch some of the signs removed from various places around Las Vegas. If you every wondered “what did they do with those signs” now you will know!