Picking a travel destination can be a hard thing to do sometimes but doesn’t have to be a stressful thing. Here are a few simple tips when picking a destination:
- It doesn’t have to be some exotic location. Sometimes the best hidden gems are merely a car ride away. Traveling doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Use the internet to research destinations. Find “Top 10 Lists” or “Best Destinations To Visit”. There are tons of great travel bloggers (theblondeabroad, Adventurous Kate) that have a fantastic social media presence. I always get great travel ideas when I see some of the pictures they post. I also love this book.
- Create and pick a place from a bucket list. We all have places and things that we want to visit or do. Every time you say “If I could go here someday, I would” put it on the list. Now make it a point to go there. Don’t live your life with “should of, could of, would of”.
- Don’t be afraid to pick a destination and go solo! There is nothing wrong with putting on a backpack and going on an adventure.
- Once you pick a destination, try to do things that are a little uncommon. It is easy to stick to the “touristy” stuff but sometimes it is fun to just make your own itinerary and live a little. Don’t be afraid!